Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Thoughts of Mine While Attempting to Make the World a Safer Place for Your Children...



I leave this place for a couple of days to relish my propensity for picking games against the spread, and I miss teenage t.v. hookers and piss poor footballing action. I feel cheated dammit. Cheated I tell you!

Moving on, I caught a story today that has since been removed, related to our favorite Coronado Campus Patrolman. In that story, that has since been pulled, we learned that our Linebacker will miss the entire season due to, get this, “Gunshot Wounds.” Numerous stories still exist documenting the incident are still available. This ought to give Bill Simmons a kick when Al Michaels refers to Foley as “out with a gunshot.” Like it was someone out with a knee, as Al likes to explain things. Foley contends that the officer was trying to end his career. Good times.

I’d also like to revisit Monday night as I was triumphant with my Arizona pick for the evening. During the course of that game I was repeatedly forced to restrain myself from smashing my television Max Colossus style with a shovel as the Monday night trio continued to polish the Lombardi trophy for the Bears. Not so fast guys, it’s only week 6, oh, and the Cubs reside in the oh so superior NFC. Let’s try to avoid crowning Super Bowl Champs this early okay? Good, let’s move on…

WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!

Marty took away the boys Monday off this week as a result of a piss poor practice last Wednesday. Hopefully, he realizes what I already know, that this game should go by the wayside in that column of wins, but in Arrowhead, against a team that is wildly unpredictable, we still have to play this thing. Let’s all be cautious of that “Trap Game” that may be hiding just under the surface here. I’m confident, but let’s not get crazy here, and go out there and take care of business okay? Good, glad we’re all on the same page here.

I’ve been abysmal this year picking against the spread. I need to have a big week for the sake of my wallet, er, position in the season long pool. Suggestions are welcomed to help me correct my innumerable shortcomings for 2006. Gambling shortcomings you assholes.

And, well, just for kicks…



Time to review and prepare for the destruction of the “Squaws” will be ready by Friday.

No comments: