Saturday, October 14, 2006

Meet Katelyn...


This is Katelyn.

I know Katelyn, although I knew her as Katie. Last night, while celebrating Friday work being over, Katie sauntered up to my table with a fistful of Charger Girls calendars and dropped a bombshell on me.

"Don't I know you?" she says to me.

"Uh...uh....uh. Uhhhh." See what all that schoolin' gets you. Articulation my friends. That's what we call articulation.

"Yeah, I do know you. Do you remember me? It's me Katie!!"

"Uh. Uhhhhh. Uhhhhhh. Uh huh." Pure gold. I'm so smooth.

"I'm a Charger girl now. You still like the Chargers?"

"Uhhhhhhhhh. Mmmmm huh." How I do it is beyond me. Those are skills my friend, take notes.

"You want a calendar? I'll autograph my page for you...blah...blah... I'm really hot...blah...blah....school....work...dance...blah...blah...hot."*

"Uhhhh. Calendar? No. Uhhh. Hot. Yes." I was really surprised she didn't jump me right there.

I pulled it together, we caught up, she's still great. I love her.

So, I share this encounter with you out of love for all three of you. You deserve to meet Katelyn, get to know her, she's hot and nice, and dances and bounces her pom poms for our team with all of her gloriousness. The Niners don't stand a chance on Sunday against the best team in the NFL with her on our side.




You all can thank me later. Oh, her favorite quote:

"Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible."
Yep. She's perfect.

*May or may not have been the conversation. It's tough to manage a Katelyn with three brain cells completely unprepared. I'll do better next time I swear. This is my commitment to all of you.

No comments: