Monday, October 23, 2006

New Feature: Here Come The Crazies!

As some of you know, I work for a corporation in the San Diego area that boasts several thousand employees from all over the country as well as the rest of the world. As you can imagine, such a diverse crowd consists of all manor of sports enthusiasts. The football fans here tend to be rabid, outspoken and quite often complete whack jobs who have little to no idea what in the world they are talking about. Their opinions and lunatic rantings show up day in and day out on a football mailing list that I follow because I am obviously a total masochist. Anyway, I thought it would be fun to throw out some of the garbage I force myself to read for the enjoyment of those of you who visit this here web log. Maybe this will help you further understand my disdain for the transplant football tards true San Diego fans must deal with on a regular basis. Originally, I wanted to make this a weekly thing, and when I can, I will. Unfortunately, the real meat and potatoes usually comes after a Charger loss. I mean, these people are out to get our dander up, and they need ammo for that.

This first one was an easy pick for me, because it not only displays a third grade level of Charger ridicule, but a total lack of football knowledge as well. Sweet. Before I drop it on you, let me put this gem in context so you can fully appreciate it. In week three, ShEli Manning had three touchdown tosses in the fourth quarter of a game against the Seahawks, making the final score much closer than the game actually was. The following Giants fan came in with much praise for young ShEli, at which point several Charger fans pointed that 3 TDs accrued in the fourth quarter against a team that has dropped into a prevent D with a 39 point lead is not as impressive as it may look in the box score. Here’s what Mr. vaGiant fan had to say this morning:

“Hmm….that’s funny. Rivers throws 2 TD’s in the second half of a game…while they were getting DUG OUT.

So when Philly Phil does it, Choker fans say it’s a good thing

When Eli The Man-ning does it, Dolt fans call it “garbage time stats”.

I’ll have to write that down. Thanks for the clarification.”

Short, sweet and utterly ridiculous. This gentleman can not discern between garbage time and bringing your team back to tie it up in the second half against a team that has not let up at all. Later, he tries to justify this by bringing up the vaGiants comeback against the Eagles. Too bad no one gave ShEli any shit over that game. But see, that’s typical. Bending the facts to make an argument that no one wants to hear. That’s a standard transplant move. I don’t even know why it surprises me. Oh wait, it doesn’t. Hope you enjoyed sharing in my misery. Go Bolts!!!

No comments: