Monday, October 02, 2006

Not This Again...


As per Max's previous post, now is not the time for ranting yet again with regard to the poor performances of our coaching staff this past gloriously ruined Sunday morning. I don't have the energy left in my body after last season's repeated ineptitude to follow it up the exact same way in season 2006. I just can't continue down that road.

The question is one of philosophy. Obviously the answer that has been pounded into my skull forcefully is one I disagree with wholeheartedly. I will never believe that instead of stabbing the dagger into the deepest part of your opponents soulless satanic fueled bodies, you should instead run the ball out of the same formation on every single play, throwing creativity and all things related to testicles out the window. No sir, I believe in cutting, beating, and stomping, until the opponent is metaphorically bleeding out of their eyes and ears while soiling their unis with tears streaming wildly. Unfortunately, we have a coaching staff who does not agree with or like my metaphorical scenario.

So we return to 2005. It was Philadelphia all over again. It was Pittsburgh and Dallas reincarnated. It was entirely shit. We can spend all kinds of time citing numerous examples, and maybe someone around here can still muster the energy to care, but I for one am out of that kind of energy (9 pass attempts in the second half, 5 of which came in the last 34 seconds, or close to that.) I can't do it anymore, I can't watch 2005 unfold all over again. We continue to beat ourselves. We will continue to beat ourselves. My weekly coronary will continue for 13 more weeks, and I blame that dickhead at the helm. One of us around here can be a Mary ( I left the T out on purpose, he's Mary from now on.) Schottenheimer apologist, but I won't be. I have had enough. No more of that. Take the team now and get the hell out of here, I'll help you pack the trucks and send you off with a slap in the neck and a smiling,"Enjoy L.A.". I'm not going to root for a football team that's being run by a group of guys that behave like pussies with no balls.

I'll try to be more clear about my position in the future...

2 comments:

Maximum Colossus said...

Well, look at the bright side. Now you can go straight to rooting full-time for the Redskins. They've won two in a row now. If you do, I would hope you'd start a whole new blog though, cause I wouldn't feel comfortable writing for washingtonredskins.blogspot.com.

Everything's going to be okay.

Maximum Colossus said...

Cry-baby.