Monday, October 23, 2006

How We Do it Repeatedly is Beyond Me...


To say that Sunday was disappointing is understating what happened yesterday afternoon. You see, I have felt good about this team. Very damned good. Good enough to see the potential of the squad and compare it to what I have seen from the proverbial frontrunners of the NFL through week 6. Now, it should be pretty clear that I tend to be rather conservative with my belief in my football team. A quick jaunt through the archives over the weekend confirmed this. But I feel as if my tone around here has changed this season. I believe in this team, I've seen what the Monsters on Defense can do. I've seen and heard the auditory fellatio that the "experts" were bestowing on the frontrunners this season. I saw nothing from those teams that would lead me to believe we can't compete with them. I've talked this team up to some San Diego ex-pats who now reside in Texas and still try to root for our club (an impossible task in Texas.). The Superbowl didn't seem that far fetched watching this squad. Now, I sit here feeling betrayed by everyone who put on that damned awesome uniform on Sunday.

Get to the point asshole! I know that's what you are thinking, and in my round about way I'm gettin' there, be patient. Thursday I entered what I will call a "discussion" about the Chargers with a rival fan. Who am I kidding, I was talking to a Donkey Apologist and broke his will. How can you not when you can say to someone like that, "Uhh, okay, in what way do you match up with us competitively?" Let's list it just for kicks:

-Running Back= Advantage Chargers
-Quarterback= Advantage Chargers
-Tight End= Advantage Chargers
-Receivers= Advantage Chargers
-Defense= Called it a push just to make a concession
-Schedule to date= Push as well

After dismantling the obviously ignorant, uneducated, illogical, and quite odiferous Donkey slug, I felt good. Unfortunately for me, the Bolts, and the coaches failed to adequately march into Kansas City prepared, and let the only two elements of a failing football team (Coached by FUCKING Herm Edwards) school us for an entire half of football, then survive our desperation that arrived too little too fucking late and finish us off. How the hell am I supposed to defend these guys now that they showed the world that they were collectively menstrating Sunday afternoon.

This was a failure. Coaching, preparation and execution were non-existent. That was no Superbowl team. That was a fucking joke. And dammit if I'm a bit pissed off by that. Dammit if I'm pissed off that we are not in first place, dammit if I'm pissed off that EVERYONE in the division won yesterday. Dammit if I realized we don't have a killer instinct. And dammit, that once again, for the third year in a row, we have to make excuses about the team. "Oh, it's okay, we're still 4-2 and we just have to do better." Fuck that. "Oh, well, it's Arrowhead, it's hard to go there and win." Fuck that too. We should be 6-0. We should be in first place. We should walk away with this division. But, yet again, we aren't. It's not the schedule this year, and it's not the young quarterback, and it's not okay that we have to claw our way back into this thing. Why do we keep freakin' choking when it's on the damned line? Why? This reputation that we have perfected of repeatedly not getting the job done is a tired act. Here comes yet another season of excuses as to why we can't succeed. This cycle is total bloody maggot filled bullshit.

What happened yesterday was an absolute old fashioned ass kicking. The Chiefs told us to grab our ankles while they sodomized our football team with a splintered broomstick. Right now this is not a team to be proud of, there is no leadership from the players or the coaches. What's good about players having repeated altercations with the police, or drunk driving and getting yourself shot,stupidly getting arrested for drug dealing, and beating their "domestic partners". Oh, I guess there is this. What the hell is going on? No, really, what the hell is going on?

I'm not so sure that I can continue defending the prowess of this football team when confronted by the utterly mindless that support the other teams in this division. It's maddening.

Now that I have vented the thermoneuclear gas in my brain, a lighter finishing note...

No comments: