Monday, December 11, 2006

A Picture Summary of a Division Championship...

In what was not only predicted, and expected, here is a picture summary of a glorious Sunday afternoon in San Diego...




Antonio Gates once again reiterating for the entire world to see that there are no tight ends of his caliber in the league. Champ Baily and everyone else worldwide is at the mercy of his prowess.



Phillip Rivers decimating an attempt at a Donkey defense yet again.



Shawne Merrimonster welcoming Failed Elway Venture 4.0 to the world of the Tijuana prison.



Photo op number two of A.J. going "All Boner" on TBE's record setting moment.

Yesterday was a special day in Chargerland. Our run to the Western Division Champion status of the AFC was completed yesterday on the wonderful greenery of Jack Murphy Stadium. I refrained from chastising anything Donkey related within reach of a text message. I am choosing to save those moments for an "in person" encounter. I did however hear the unsolicited reaction from one Donk who couldn't control his inner hatred and spewed forth some fecal flavored words about the Chargers. Unfortunately for said "fan" his anger was quite misdirected and made for the first beautiful Monday morning I've had in a decade. It went something like this...

"We've still gone to, and won more Super Bowls than you ever will." followed by some insidious yet pathetic laughter.

Yes, said Donkey Blatherer, that would be true. But, you have also gone to and lost more Super Bowls than ourselves. For me, after the experience of 1994, I chose to never use that as ammunition in defense of our team. For the rational, and I would be remiss if I didn't consider myself barely qualifying that statement, this is not the measure of a good argument. I don't take any solice in the 1994 season. The goal is to win the Super Bowl. There is no sense of accomplishment for me to go to the Promised Land, only to lose. If that is what success is defined as in Donkeyland, it is going to be a long decade, because that, what we saw on the field yesterday, is a Denver team that is moving light speed in the wrong direction. You should hang your Naked Man Part Covering Barrels on that for the next few years while we are playing in January. I long considered Raider fans in the lowest I.Q. population, yet I was wrong. Poor, poor Donkeys. Enjoy denial, and to quote a close member of the Bolt Family,

"Why don't you stop being a pussy for the whole world to see."

I don't want to spoil what was truly glorious yesterday, you know, that Division Championship, and LTD truly seizing the "Best Ever" moniker, but Sunday evening is a big day at the Murph. The Flexed Vengeance game.

We have 24 hours to revel in our Awesomeness. Sunday is a big day. Congrats to all who donned the Bolt unis this past Sunday. You have done us proud.

A final thought...



Or two...



Go Bolts!!!

4 comments:

Borracho said...

Just posted about '94 whilst you were updating. Freaky...

Megan said...

Unfortunately, I see the "You've never won a Super Bowl" as a good argument. I understand the Broncos have lost multiple super bowls, however, one super bowl victory wipes all of those other losses away. As a long time San Diego sports fan, I am all to painfully aware that the Chargers (and Padres for that matter) belong to a shrinking fraternity of teams that have never one it all. Until they do, I will temper all of my rebuttals to any fan who supports a sports city that has reached the ultimate prize. This year must be the year, not because the "experts" have finally come around, but because this team is so obviously on the verge of becoming a true dynasty in the mold of the 49ers, Cowboys and Steelers. After Feb 4th, I will shout Super Bowl Chargers far and wide. Until then, when an opposing fan points out our lack trophies, I will just smile and nod.

CJ said...

Yeah, I got nothin. Going to more Super Bowls than us means shit. Winning them does. Although they have won, they have also lost many, many times. And,to me that was the worst feeling. I would never mention our Super Losses if I were dumb enough to be a donk fan. But, I'm also significantly smarter than Donk fans. I think my niece is too. She's 7 now and all.

I want to buy up all the "Super Chargers" records I can find. That song might be relevant again in February.

Maximum Colossus said...

Hmm. I don't know exactly where I stand on this one. I can't too badly harass people for losses between 1985 and 1997, because the odds were that you were an AFC team facing a bought and paid for dynasty (I'm not real big on giving those teams much credit by the way. Every roster was like the All-Madden team.). I can't give Denver too hard of a time, because their wins came within the last decade. The problem I have is that I hear this more often than not from Raider fans. I'm sorry, but I really don't want to hear about how your team won 3 Super Bowls "back in the day" and that I could totally ask the players if they weren't dead of old age. You don't here Green Bay fans going, "Bring back the leather helmet and we'll own this shit," do you? Maybe I'm being a hypocrite? Maybe I'm full of shit? You're all going to have to wait at least 22 years to find out. My Chargers rule.