Monday, November 06, 2006

Never Forget Who "The Best Ever" Is.

I just don’t know how I feel about such an ugly win against such a bad team. Oh, I love the win, but if this is any indication of how we’re going to play sans Merriman, I may just go ahead and run errands for the next couple of Sundays. Too many penalties, dropped interceptions and blown coverages for my taste. The boys took Chaz Frye down five times, but I have to think that if Merriman had played that number would have been closer to a dozen. How many times did someone get their mitts on him, just to see him squirm away? The secondary was exposed again, with Chaz hitting Not His Old Man Winslow and Braylon Edwards 17 times and Joe “Is That Mark Boerigter?” Jurevicious for a 52 yarder early. We were lucky they kept trying to hand the ball to Droughns throughout the game, because he is no Larry Johnson. The special teams coverage was for shit, allowing several long returns. Fortunately, our defense seemed to play much better on a shortened field anyway. TBE was amazing again. Every week someone tries to tell me who's better, and I'm starting to find it funny. When it came down to it, TBE was the difference, and as awesome as that is, it shouldn’t have been the case. Cleveland is no Cincy or Denver (although they might be an Oakland). And I get the whole prevent defense thing. You’re just trying to keep the other team from scoring quickly and all, but it sucks. I swear if Cincy has to throw late on us, which they probably will, we could really be fucked. Still, a win is a win, and I’m happy for that. Let’s hope this game showed the team where to make some adjustments, cause I really, really want to beat Denver twice this season so their shitbox fans will get the hell out of my face.

A couple of other randoms:

*Mike Vick continued to defy logic yesterday in reverting back to his former self against the hapless Lions. Way to go AWL WINS.

*You, Rex Grossman, are no Kyle Orton. You’ve had some gems this year, but twice now you have been thoroughly shame by single win teams. Thousands of fans are screaming for their Pro Bowl ballots back. You are the suck.

*Wow, Dallas, who the fuck are you people? Your running back got safetied. Your #1 nagging headache dropped an easy TD. You have a field goal blocked and somehow allow the other team to flip it on you and kick their own with 0:00 on the clock. Well played, douche bags.

*Giants, way to be the cream of the NFC crop. Too bad you barely handled the Texans at home. That’s the Texans. You know, the stupidest team in the NFL?

*I still think the Ravens suck, and I have nothing to base that on other than the delusional musings of my obviously disturbed mind.

*Hurray Vikings, suck it!

Now, about that Superbowl last night. That was actually a pretty ugly game on both sides of the ball from where I was sitting. The Patriots, however, were far uglier with five turnovers. Also, you don’t have to find new and creative ways to run the ball up the middle of the field against the Colts. They can’t stop it when they know it’s coming. That was an uncharacteristically bad game plan by Belichek. I’d say for shame, but he’s a genius, so he was obviously saving the good stuff for the post season. Peter King this morning assures us all that the Colts look ready to win a Superbowl this year, so that Peyton Manning can finally go from biggest playoff chump ever, to best quarterback to ever play the game. Yeah, I’d by that, except for three things:

A) The Patriots almost won that game despite five turnovers. I have a hard time imagining them, the Chargers or any other playoff teams doing the same in January.

B) Peter King, and everyone else, has been saying the same thing at midseason for the last five years.

C) Manning is the biggest playoff chump ever.

One last thing. A good friend of ours over here at Super Chargers, Maja (My-a), just opened a bar & grill with her husband up in the Bay Park/Clairmont area in San Diego. It’s called The High Dive, and the address is 1801 Morena Blvd. These are some good people, so stop by if you’re in the area and help them get this thing started out in style. Thanks. Go Bolts!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This may make me sound like a Raider fan, but I felt the Browns were gettin home cookin from the refs in our house. I thought there were two really bad calls and two that could have gone Chargers way.