Thursday, November 02, 2006

I Am A Liar!


Remember last week when I said the Inside The NFL post was permanently moving to Thursday, except when it was still going to be on Friday? Well, it's already one of those weeks. I'm sorry, I was too emotionally drained by the passing of Mr. Eko on Lost last night. Oops, sorry, that was a SPOILER, so if you are a Lost fan go back and unread that last sentence. Anyway, in my very emotional state I didn't think I would be able to give the Four Moron March the attention it takes to blather on for several pages on this here blog. Damn you, Lost!

Anyway, I will hit on a few small topics covered in today's Union Tribune Post Clarion instead:

* Chargers beat writer Kevin Acee submits a piece on the outstanding off-season acquisition of Marlon McCree. While I can't argue that McCree seems to so far be a tremendous boon to the teams pass defense, I have to take issue with a couple of the points Acee makes. First, he claims that McCree was a complete no name in the free agency market. While the average fan outside of Carolina may have had little to no idea who McCree was, several writers at the time pointed out how highly regarded he was by actual football people. Secondly, Acee calls McCree undersized in the secondary at 5'11" and 200 pounds. That's undersized by about an inch and 10 lbs., maybe. Chris Hope, probably the most coveted safety in free agency last year is listed at 5'11" and 205 lbs. Troy Polamalu? 5'10", 207. Thirdly, let's not crown McCree the savior yet. I love the guy's intensity, but we've given up some big plays in the secondary. Bulger had a fine day last week, and the whole team is still going through the KC media guide trying to figure out who this Tony Gonzales guy is. I realize it all makes for a more compelling story, but come on guy, tell the truth. Who am I kidding? I don't even want to hear the truth. Nice article, Acee!

* The rumor has been milling around a bit, but this morning one of my personal favorites, Tim Sullivan, confirms that the stinky, stinky Padres are interviewing Dusty Baker this afternoon. Wow. All I can say is that this totally makes sense, since it's one of the only things that could have made me regret the decision to let Bochy go. I know, let's take the guy who is widely considered responsible for destroying the careers of two of the most promising young pitchers to come down the pipe in years, and bring him to San Diego, where young pitching is one of our strengths as well. What could make more sense than that? In case you were actually wondering, Sullivan seems to support the idea, thereby solidifying himself as a true contender in the race of paid San Diego Sports Kiss Asses. Look out, Canepa, he's coming for you.

So that's the paper today. Don't bother reading it, cause that's all there is. Sorry I didn't make good on the INFL crap, and also for the baseball, but it's about time you all learned that life is full of disappointments and generally sucks. In general, that is. Maybe this will make it better, the chick from Lost, before she got all famous and shit:



Even back then you could tell she had IT!

No comments: