Friday, October 08, 2004

Okay, Okay...

All right, I got it, you are frustrated with the media discussions about our team. What do the "journalists" over at that rag know about football anyway. Our offensive line is definitely improved, as is the defensive line. Big problem is they are both about as consistent as the San Andreas or a sleepover at the Neverland Ranch, oh, wait, that's pretty consistent.

My goal was to go fish and find out if we have a ding dong's chance at a Fat Camp against Jacksonville this weekend. My gut says yes, my random thought producer for the sake of argument we will call a brain says, eh?. I want to believe we can win, I really, really do. But even those two remaining brain cells that fight for control of my gray matter won't let me. But let it be known, I will be there, I will be loud, and I will be cheering for Gilligan and the rest of the castaways. If that doesn't work, then I will find the longest beer line there is and swear my allegiance to.... who do the Raiders play? Indianapolis. Damn, can't root for them either. Ah, who cares, I'll figure it out before I get to the front of the line. They should have a vendor selling adult pops while we are in line for adult pops. Why do they leave it up to me to think of these things, that would be sweet...

Really going out on a limb there, ready to pony up for tickets if we have a pretty win. No danger of that ever happening. Last week's win was the prettiest I have seen in some time. Ticker watching can't ever resemble bad football, can it?

Prediction: Fred Taylor goes for 137 and two touchdowns. Or his groin blows like Mt. St. Helens, yet again. I think that would be about the 813th groin pull for him. Odds on this: 1 to 1.
As always, you can take the groin...

No comments: