Friday, October 08, 2004

Let's put a stop to this.

Now, we could go back and forth on this for days, and we have. I could come back and say how I couldn't care less about whether the Spani pony up cash for tickets, because nobody wants to see CBS call up the broadcasting developmental squad to heap praise upon the fortitude of the Jacksonville defense anyway. I could admit that I confused Andre Coleman with that one towel boy who disgraced the perspiration management profession with his astounding lack of hustle. You know that kid, right? But let's get down to the real business at hand.

The San Diego sports media has spent the week spewing grandiose acknowledgement of the performance of the Chargers offensive line this week. That can only mean one thing. 67 yards of total offense.

The writers are also quite fond of comparing our rushing defense to the run-stopping Chargers of the past (Tell it to Dominick Davis and Curtis Martin). This will lead nicely into Inside the NFL's feature story on Fred Taylor's career day.

Now, honestly, I hope I am wrong. As proof of my sincerity, I promise that if the Bolts pull another win out this Sunday, no matter how ugly, I will gush Charger love during the early half of next week. Hell, if it's pretty, I may pony up the duckets for the next home game sellout. Deal?

Until then, I'll see you at the game, my faithful sidekick!

No comments: