Thursday, September 21, 2006

Your Seat Is Hot Fisher. Even Hotter Than Lauren.


Jeff Fisher comes out and says that Billy Volek is a liar. He says he has never been this candid concerning a player before, but that he feels that Volek threw the Titans organization under the bus. That would be a step above the gutter they’re actually in right now, but that is neither here nor there. One can really only speculate as to what the actual truth is here, especially since Fisher, while claiming to be overly candid, won’t give any details whatsoever. Being a huge fan of speculation, I will go ahead and do that. What we know to be fact is the following:

1) Billy Volek has been on the Titans roster since 2000.

2) Volek took over 500 snaps in the last season while backing up Steve “This is what they call an offense in Baltimore” McNair, posting a 3-7 record as a starter.

3) Overall numbers, a respectable 312 - 517 3505 yds, 60.3 comp%, 26 TD, 13 INT, 86.9 QB rating.

4) Titans draft Vince Young in the first round, signifying that Volek will not be their starting QB of the future. Grumblings allegedly begin.

5) Titans pick up Kerry Collins, signifying that Volek will not be their starting QB of the present. Volek asks for trade.

There you go. You really can’t blame Volek for wanting to be traded. Can you honestly get down on a guy for believing he’s good enough to be a starter? Fisher says Volek was demanding a trade constantly, which is why he was demoted. Well, even if this is true, so what? I a league where J.P. Losman, Charlie Frye and Byron Leftwich are starting QBs, what’s so wrong with trying to muscle yourself into having a shot? Or at least being appreciated, which I think he will be here in San Diego?

I’m sure Fisher understands Volek’s position. Unfortunately, Fisher is in a predicament. He’s on the the scorching red hot seat, and he knows it. The fans are grumbling, because even with a 3-7 starting record, Volek has to be a better starting option than Vodka Collins. Volek knows the players and he knows the system. Fisher may have done what he had to do, may have had his hand forced, but his candor is indicative of a man desperately in need of excuses for the disarray his team is in. You should have asked me, Jeff. I’ve got a doozy. Look the media in the eye and lay this one on them:

“The Chargers are going to make a whole lot of teams look that bad this season.”

That should buy you some time. In the meantime, thanks for getting our new back-up up to speed.

Now on to my quick-hit rebuttals. Since my cohort CJ rarely gets his ass in gear to rock a little content, I have to enjoy it when I get the chance.

* CJ, do I have to intervene every time I see some Raven fan standing next to you in the bar? Remember, it’s still murder if you have someone else do it for you.

* Infidel!

* I will be happy to kick you in the -Monkey, monkey, monkey, monkey!

* If your team, which just so happens to be my team, gives up four straight home runs in the ninth to tie the game, you get what you deserve.

* Carolina is a traditionally slow starting team. Are you buying that, cause I’m really selling it? Lose to Tampa, though, and I sneak back and substitute Bears for Carolina all over my early picks.

* This Megan Vasconsellos really grinds my gears.

* I am not a good gambler, unless you ask the house. I lose a lot less playing fantasy ball, so I’ll stick with my geeky pastime. Ass face!

* I’m also a bit of a fan…Ass face!

Go Bolts!!!

2 comments:

CJ said...

The best part about the Buckheit article was how everyone she interviewed was trying to get back into the stadium for the most part. Degenerate Dodger Fuck Asses.

Ahhh Megan Vasconslelloslosegsss...mmmmmm

Chris said...

Billy Volek will be a good qb backup to Mr. Rivers. I look forward to seeing him on the sidelines, and I'm not concerned if Rivers goes down, because we know Volek can step up and play. After all, hes done so with a far worse team.