Monday, September 11, 2006

And They're Off!

So, I guess we can all thank Clinton Portis for a pretty shitty opening round of football. I don't know about you, but to me it sure looked like more than a handful of starters could have used a little more work in the preseason. If that isn't the case, then we can safely assume that Baltimore will face the Falcons in the Superbowl, since those teams pretty much murdered teams that were considered to be legitimate contenders. And speaking of murder, you'd think that after all the off season criminal activity in Cincinatti that they would know better than to try to kill a guy on the field like that. I mean, it wasn't exactly the opening scene from The Last Boyscout, but I think it might draw a fine regardless. That play, coupled with the fact that the Broncos were beaten to death by Jeff Wilkins and the Rams defense pretty much makes the AFC West a one horse race. I can live with that.

In lighter news, I've pretty much won in two of my fantasy leagues while I'm being slaughtered by a Raiders fan in my real money league. This is why if you ever see me in the sports book in Vegas, pay close attention to what I'm betting and act accordingly.

Chargers, 27 Raiders, 10. Go Bolts!!!

No comments: