Wednesday, September 06, 2006

What The Hell, It's a Big Story.

I really don’t want to spend much more time on this Foley thing. There is so much more to cover and The Commander has already spoken. You know that even if the police say the cop who shot him was high on crack, Foley was clean, and the doctors say that Foley cold suit up tomorrow, A.J. would hit the podium and say something along the lines of, “If I had it all to do over again, even knowing what I know now, I wouldn’t do anything differently. We’ve had problems with Foley in the past, no matter how irrelevant that is. Don’t question my actions or I will make your head explode with my mind. Don’t you know who I am?! Ass holes!” Whoa! Come down, Commander. Anyway, like I said, I don’t want o spend much time on this, but it’s big news, so a few more things that have come out,

A) Foley was not armed at the time. So when he was allegedly reaching for his waistband we can only assume the cop was envisioning a Pootie Tang-like ass whooping. Which is pretty scary, cause that movie was awful.

B) The officer in question was a ONE year veteran of the Coronado PD. This really puzzles me since the Coronado PD seems to spend most of it’s time turning the other cheek for drunk sailors. Seriously, the only person I know to have gotten a DUI in Coronado, out of the hundreds of drunks from Coronado I’ve met in my life, was a cute little bartender from Danny,s. And you know that was a pick up attempt gone horribly wrong.

C) The officer admits that he doesn’t believe he showed Foley his badge when he tried to pull him over. Okay, so are you going to pull over at 3:30 in the morning, in your very expensive vehicle, for some random guy waving a gun at you? Drunk or no?

D) The officer graduated from the Palomar Community College Police Academy. Which is awesome, cause Police Academy was a hilarious movie.

So here’s my take from what we know so far, and this is pure speculation. Foley, probably legally drunk, cut off an off-duty cop. The cop, who should know better, let his emotions get a hold of him and decided teach Foley a lesson. Said lesson went horribly wrong and several people are going to end up sued. One person misses at least a year of work and the other probably needs to start looking for a new vocation. Everybody wins. Go Bolts!!!

No comments: