Monday, December 20, 2004

You Spin Me Right Round Like A Record, Baby!!!

I am not ready to get into yesterday's game yet, but I did want to talk about all the record type stuff that's going on right now. First the good. Antonio Gates has tied the Tight End Touchdown record with two games to go. Neither of those games is against teams that would commonly be referred to as defensive powerhouses. I am going to go out on a limb and say Antonio will be the sole owner of that record by season's end. If I am correct, there are going to be a lot of sad ex-Tight Ends out there because last time I was shown this stat (over and over and over again during Sunday's broadcast), the record was being held by something like 20 different people. Way to go, Antonio! You are truly the man of the hour in Boltville.

Now let's talk about that other crappy record thing that's going on. Who in the entire freaking world didn't see this coming? If I've said it once, I've said it a million times, "San Diego sports franchises are the masters of dubious honors!" If you need to break a record, give us a call. We'll be happy to oblige. And thank you for being so patient, Peyton, and saving it for us. You are a douche bag.

So, we get our tight end thing and Peyton get's his QB TD* thing, and the whole world get's to see that the only thing that really matters is the scoreboard, which I will not reveal just yet(I'll give you a hint, though. It's gonna be electric...you know, like a supercharger...get it?).

Well, you'll be hearing from me again, just as soon as my blood get's back to a normal consistency. Then we can talk about why it's never a bad time for hot girls in school girl outfits. For now there is nothing left to say except kudos to me for quoting myself in this post. That is awesome.

No comments: