Thursday, December 16, 2004

Sorry People. I'm Slipping A Bit.

Short week for me. I’m off to Phoenix tomorrow to watch the Amazing St. Louis Rams play the Titanic Arizona Cardinals on Sunday. Chris Chandler? Oh, you know it’s going to be a barn burner. Thankfully, it’s the afternoon game, so I can pop over to that bar where the waitresses wear school girl outfits and watch the Chargers clinch the AFC West. Life is sweet.

So, this past Sunday we got to see our mighty Bolts topple the surging Bucs to capture their tenth win of the season for the first time since we went to the 49er Bowl. It’s been a long time since those days. We are still getting the requisite amount of disrespect due to the Pats, Steelers and Colts. But the 49ers are God awful and I don’t mind one bit.

The game was a good one, but what can I say that wouldn’t sound redundant. Drew Brees has shown a lot of poise and resilience. LaDainian is destined to be one of the game’s all time great backs. This young offensive line is making a believer out of me. Antonio Gates is so good that teams can not ignore him anymore. Yadda yadda yadda. Well, here’s one I haven’t touched on much, but that I can’t ignore. If Donnie Edwards doesn’t go to the Pro Bowl, you can bet your ass it’s a snub! A few weeks ago he registered 20 tackles in a game. 20!!! I’m not sure Junior ever got 20. Sorry, Junior. This past weekend I believe he added 16 more, not to mention a couple of picks, one of which was of at least some importance. This guy is anchoring this big play defense. That’s right, big play defense! Sure they give up yards, but 17 interceptions say they show up when the situation calls for it. And this is why Indy better look out. I know what you’re thinking. You’re thinking, “Hey Maximum Colossus! You’re looking past this week's game at Cleveland.” That’s true, but I’m not on the team, so I can do that. Also, I believe that even in the snow the San Diego Super Chargers can muster up at least 18 yards of total offense, which should be more than adequate. Anyway, back to the Colts. Yes, they are the highest scoring team in the NFL. By a lot. But we’re second, and that ain’t bad. True their defense can get after a Quarterback. But our line has faced tough challengers in the past. The bottom line becomes, can our big play defense stop their ginormous play offense. My answer: Eventually. Sure they’ll rack up about 500 yards of offense, but I’m thinking we will be pretty close to that. And when it comes down to it, I think ours end with points, and theirs end with more of the same from the likes Donnie, Don of the D and Drayton Florence. We’re running the table here people. Oh great, what am I going to write about next week?

So, this weekend we’re going to beat the brown out of the Browns. My prediction: Chargers 45, Browns 10. See ya next week. Go Bolts!!!

P.S. Hey CJ, Where's your bag?! I'm thinking it might still be shrivelled up into your stomach. I'm off to hire protection now.

No comments: