Thursday, December 23, 2004

A Man's Gotta Do What A Man's Gotta Do.

Okay, here goes:

1) I have to agree with you here. Controlling the ball and keeping it on the ground for the majority of the game is a major key. Unfortunately for your weak heart, I see Lorenzo Neal getting at least a handful of carries. We all know how much you love that.

2) Again, I agree. Oben has done a far better job this year than most people expected he would, but he’s going to need a little help this week. Freeney is a monster. Hopefully, once he goes flying past “One Who Is Most Amazing” a couple of times, he’ll slow down a bit. Halfback draw on third and long anybody? Out of the shotgun? Could be interesting.

3) Where do you think I stand on this one? I come from the EA Sports school of thought here. You know, where punters typically have QB ratings of around 149.3. Is there any way I can take the over the over on this one? I mean, this is our 15th game of the season and Igor hasn’t caught a single pass yet. We’re so vanilla!

4) You’re right again, compadre. Picks will be key. Peyton doesn’t throw too many of them, but they have been our bread and butter. Look for at least one and it’s going to be a game breaker. You can take that to the bank. And make sure you get your change. As for the other two turnovers you’re looking for, Edge likes to run between the tackles, so don’t be surprised to see our very capable front seven wreak a little havoc.

5) You can bet your ass First Down! Is up to the challenge. After last week’s big touchdown he pretty much got to stand around and watch our core of backfield warriors cement the game. He’s recharged and psyched up.

6) This is the one that scares me a bit. The Colts rank pretty high up there in INTs and Skip hasn’t always looked comfortable with the kind of pressure he’s about to be confronted with. It goes back to the running game and getting him a few opportunities to go for it on downs that aren’t traditionally passing situations. Awe, screw it! Air it out all day long! I want to see points. I want to see the our QB shut everybody up about their QB.

7) I actually had two last week. Can I have one of yours? Pleeeeease?

Mmmm…Catholic school girls. All that Christmas stuff, blah, blah, blah.

No comments: