Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Pre Vacation Success...

I don’t feel like doing this today, but since my team was kind enough to oblige us with a massacre this weekend and it came on the heels of the rainstorm, not during it, I managed to stay dry and have a bit of fun so here goes…

Much like the last time out, we rounded up the crew, and jammed them all into the A3 section where the grill did its job and the coolers did theirs too. Much to my dismay, the friends decided not to heed the warnings of not letting me get anywhere near a football and allowed me to throw the pig at will. I did however keep an eye scanning for the Pot Guy so I could immediately run away from all that dives on cars. The third party involved in the car diving incident was in fact in their same spot, yet we managed to avoid contact at all costs. Mostly incident free tailgating equals nice!

Pre game highlight #1: My cohort caught a little post pattern and tried to make a beeline for the six point line. Unfortunately he ran into the best hitter in the parking lot from Iowa, and coughed up the football like a bulimic’s breakfast. Being as alert as possible, I jumped on the loose pig and after the best spin move in my arsenal I made the trip to pay dirt. My first fumble recovery for a touchdown of ’04.

To the game… just a great experience all around, watching the number one offense in the league, yep, you read it right. Fourth and short on the first drive, we all cringe when Marty sends in the kicking group, and as quickly as I could boo the decision, Jesse was off and running down the field after a direct snap found him instead of the punter. Top it off with a Keenan McCardell passing attempt and we were suddenly transported to a Rams Patriots trick play festival. Antonio was once again Antonio, and all the receivers were running wild all day. I can’t remember a time when Skip dropped back and you didn’t see someone shedding their defender and breaking into wide open space. Skip was a little less than his sharpshooter self of the Raider game, yet he did enough in some mildly difficult weather conditions, he managed to complete about 61% of his bullets, which is good nonetheless. Once again a great day, a great game, and some good celebratin’ post game style.

Post game highlight #1: My cohort and the Card Dealer playing an impromptu game of “Tackle the Moron” in the parking lot of the Murph. And for those of you who missed the “Tackle the Moron” session I will do my best at some point to provide adequate description of what my eyes had the pleasure of viewing. Stay tuned…

And since no one else outside of this site will proclaim it quite as obnoxiously as me, I guarantee that we will NOT lose this weekend. My personal guarantee… No losing for us. More later…

No comments: