Thursday, September 27, 2012

Thursday Night Quick Pick

I don't even know why I'm doing these picks anymore. I'm pretty sure I'm under .500 overall on the season-that's not even against the spread!- and every pick I make removes another smidge of credibility from any other football related post I make. When you start with as little credibility as I did you can't afford to lose many smidges. Ah, self-deprecation! The thinking man's humor. Anyway, I'm perfect on Thursday Night's so far, so this is where I shine. And no Thursday has seemed like such an easy call as tonight.

Cleveland @ Baltimore
God, that doesn't seem fair. I don't even know what to say about this game. Why would the NFL Network choose to air this game? The NFL obviously hates the Browns and wants you all to see how awful they are. It just seems mean. I guess the Ravens got a little shorter of a week, since they played Sunday Night Football, but unless Roger Goodell called all of the Ravens at all hours of the week every single night since then, I just don't see how the Browns have a chance. The good news is that the real refs are back, so when the Browns get clobbered, you know it's official.
Ravens 34, Browns 10

Put a pin in it. Thursday Night Football sucks-even though I can watch it now!-and this game isn't going to change my opinion of it.

No comments: