Monday, March 28, 2005

Not Quite Yet Kimo Sabe...

Well, today marks the day that the Pads make a move to improve the pitchy staff. Perhaps they have the benefit of hindsight early to know that the current rotation is significantly weaker than last year's. Or maybe they have a feeling about this guy. Or maybe they flipped a coin. Or maybe they just made a move to make it look like they were making a move. Either way, Tim Redding has been exchanged for Humberto Quintero, one of the more fun names to pronounce in recent Pads history. Right up there with Sixto Lezcano, and Archi Cianfrocco. Oh, and Carmelo Martinez... awesome.

So what does Mr. Redding add to the current staff? I have no idea. Zero idea. Does he make us better? Perhaps. Does he make us a contender? Umm... I will reserve judgment on this one for now, I definitely have an opinion on this but I suppose I should keep it to myself until Mr. Redding throws a pitch in Padre colors. I am still confused as to how the team got better in the off-season. It seems that we will be sending the same squad out there to battle for the west one more time. It's time to start making predictions for 2005...

No comments: