Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Bruce Bochy Is A Liar.

Okay, that may be a little harsh, but am I supposed to believe that Xavier Nady was going to get the start in CF even if Roberts was 100% ready to go? Uh huh, sure. The only acquisition we made in the entire offseason , that can honestly be said to improve an area of need (I'm speaking of leadoff here, as I don't see Roberts being a huge defensive upgrade over Jay Payton), was going to start on the bench? Come on, Boch. The way Nady has played in the spring, I could see him possibly getting the nod over Burroughs at 3rd, but there is no way you're letting Burroughs start the season leading off on purpose. This Dave Roberts groin thing is really starting to scare me. Did that sound weird?

In other Padres news, Brian Lawrence gave up 7 EARNED runs in 6 innings yesterday. Come on, buddy, we played this game last year. It wasn't funny then, and now that several other guys are pulling the same stunt, it isn't funny now.

No comments: