Thursday, March 24, 2005

Meh...Whatever.

I don't really care that much. The point I was trying to make is that this man has made a fortune in his career, and part of making that kind of money for a job that is essentially in show business is being under intense public scrutiny. I think most people in the business realize this. I think most of them realize it as soon as they start outperforming every player in their high school division. To think that you deserve special consideration from the media is ludicrous. Especially if you are, ARGUABLY, the best player to ever play the game. Also, if Barry Bonds hadn't been a dick to the people who earn their comparably meager salaries reporting on his daily goings on since day one, I think the coverage would be somewhat more sympathetic. Rose cheated and lied about it, acting as though he was smart enough to pull the wool over the eyes of the world when it was obvious to all that he was guilty. He was smug and arrogant. It was an insult to fans and people in the baseball world. Bonds has done the same and it is impossible for me to feel sorry for the guy. Oh, and I know I've mentioned the size of his melon before, but the truth is, I don't care how big it is, as long as he's not trying to violate me with it.

No comments: