Monday, February 05, 2007

Indianapolis Vows to Temporarily Guard Our Trophy...


Well it's finally over. A sub par AFC team outlasted an even worse NFC footballing squad in the muck of Florida yesterday. Much of my fabled content for the past three seasons has just gone up in smoke, as Peyton Manning took a hatchet to his back monkey and sucked out his brain for his first Super Bowl victory. Needless to say that this is not only disturbing, but yet another in many signs recently that the apocalypse is in fact descending upon us.

I'm planning a "Year in Review" post here in the next couple of days as certain media outlets and frustrated Charger faithful everywhere are still convinced that this was our year. Don't be fooled by that talk, as if this was our year, we would have made it such. There are many reasons why this wasn't our year that I will highlight individually in the 'Review' post, including the 8 arrests that our players accumulated in the calendar year and beyond. I'm sure that those types of character flaws had an impact on our postseason failure. Less depressing topics will punctuate the 'Review' post.

I will continue to post during the offseason, even during the mandatory football blackout period that is imposed annually. We'll cover the draft, the arrest records, and yes, even the Padres here over the next few months. I'd like to thank the few of you that enjoy our work here for continuing to check in and monitor our frustrations, periodically phoning us to make sure that the heart still beats during times of distress. If this year didn't kill me, there isn't one that this team can put together that will. I'd like to think I'm stronger personally for it. Stay tuned... more to come in the near future. Go Bolts!!

1 comment:

Maximum Colossus said...

Well, hurry up damn it! I can hardly wait to find out what went wrong. And also about the Padres.