Wednesday, April 04, 2007
It's Not Football...
Sitting here absorbing my first live action view of the Home Squad against the Ex-Padres, I'm struck with a few random thoughts about the Baseballing Season that is now officially upon us. For you, our faithful, BULLET POINTS!! This lazy man's post...
* I know that we are primarily a footballing site, but since the football team is currently in a vegetative state to me, I'll talk about baseball, if you don't like it, email me for a full refund of your subscription fee and hold your breath.
* Jake pitched a gem yesterday, congrats there Alabama Madman. Now do it for the entire season, try not to hurt yourself celebrating your greatness, and don't sit to close to Wells, that shit he's got might be contagious.
* I'm not one to whine about the umpiring, but tonight's crew to this point is abysmal. The strike zone is a moving target through four innings.
* To all of you who felt obligated to tell me that Tyranasaurus Giles doubled twice yesterday should go get your fucking heads checked. It's one game. Let's wait to annoint him the chosen one until at least the all-star break okay? Guys like Ruben Rivera had good games too, prior to stealing other peoples gloves and trying to sell them on ebay.
* I'll be attending this Sunday at the Home Field, to anyone who may be there, email me so I can tell you where I'll be sitting and what kind of beer you can buy me.
* It's a long season folks, don't hit the panic button and don't get too out of sorts during the first week of the season. We'll be here all year, and I expect all of you to call me out on my bullshit in the comments this season. Your opinion is valuable, express it, or just go jump off a bridge. Either way you'll get recognized.
I guess even Vegans can hit home runs now. Weird...