Monday, December 20, 2010

Fox Has a Great Idea!

Music to My Ears

Fox is experimenting with adding music in between plays of games. No one knew about this because their trial run was a Frisco-Seattle game that nobody would ever have watched on purpose. I strongly suggest you watch this video clip of this new twist in the way you will experience football. It's every bit as ridiculous as it sounds.



Not only is it annoying and goofy, it does nothing to shut Joe Buck the Hell* up, so what's the point?

The Picks

I didn't do picks last week because the football pool at my work seems to have disappeared. Presumably because the person running it hasn't won a single week. That is why girls should never be in charge of anything important. Except you girls who might read this. You are all the exception, of course. Anyway, my picks would have sucked. I mean, did you see football this weekend?

Vincent Jackson Sticking Around?

So, the buzz around town is that the Chargers will in fact franchise Vincent Jackson. Which makes perfect sense. I mean, why wouldn't you franchise a guy for a year in which there won't be any football? I kid, sort of. I'd be as happy as anyone who isn't Vincent Jackson if Vincent Jackson continued to be a Charger. And it tickles me in a very inappropriate way that the team would have to hand him a check for over $10 million. I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if we franchise him and then AJ trades him to Carolina, Buffalo or some other perennial bottom feeder, just to be a dick. You know, kind of like how he asked his old pal Buddy Nix over in Buffalo to pick Merriman up off waivers this season. Seriously, you know he did that.

*Some people don't capitalize Hell, but I do. Because it's a real place. And the people at Fox who decided to add more music to the games are going there some day.

No comments: