Thursday, April 14, 2005

You Spin Me Right Round, Baby, Right Round.

I know I'm being a bit of a cynic with a side of broken record here, but it certainly looked like ole Boch decided to give one away yesterday rather than take a shot at glory. Maybe I'm uninformed here, though, so if anyone can tell me why he flip flopped Peavy and Lawrence for yesterday's games I'd appreciate it. Now I know that Wood and Prior are both supposed to be good pitchers, but Prior is supposed to be the new prototype. Wouldn't that mean he's better, when he's on? So why would we put our defending ERA champ up against him, in what would have been his regular spot? I suppose he might have thought that Prior wouldn't be efficient in his first start. I don't know. Anything's possible I suppose. Well, you got one convincing win, followed by a beating, instead of being in both games, and now you're best guy will likely miss the red hot Dodgers. Good call? And for those of you who say I should be happy to take the series, piss off. They swept us at home last year, and I don't think it is too much to ask for some sweet retribution.

Oh, and, way to be clutch in the middle of the line-up again guys. Good teams would have come back against that bullpen late in the second game. Good teams.

No comments: