Saturday, April 16, 2005

Friday's Quick Hits... a day late

Welcome to the first edition of the Friday baseballing Quick Hits... one day late...

-Umm, three hits off of Derek Lowe at Dodger Stadium last night. Awesome. One was by the pitcher. We were in this game all night long. It was much closer than the three hits (did I mention one by the pitcher) would indicate.
-Someday I would like someone to explain to me what sarcasm is.
-Gary Sheffield. Yeah I know. I will be brief. Not guilty. To the fan, marginally guilty. What bothers me is that Sheffield said that the only thing going through his mind was the Artest incident. He didn't react differently because he didn't want to wind up like Artest. Does that mean that if the Artest thing never happened we might have had World War III out in right field at Fenway on Thursday night? It certainly looked to me like Sheffield had his fist balled up ready to throw it around pretty recklessly after he got rid of the ball. Had that happened the Yankees might have had to forfeit the rest of the season due to an influx of players put on the DL for being dead. That's all I am saying.
-The Padres. Oh boy. I am not seeing anything resembling the team that was on the field last year. Our starting pitching has been diminished significantly and the bats are very soft right now. We are not going to be able to compete with the Dodgers if we keep playing like this. I don't want to say we suck, but we are no better than a third place team right now. 85 wins here we come...

More 0f us vs. Eric Neel's bums tonight.

No comments: