Friday, April 22, 2005

Hey, Hey, That Looks Like Some Runs...

As a baseball prognosticator I will admit that I am not a smart man. But, in my defense, and to totally rationalize what happened on the ball field last night, I did that kind of mindless, negative forecasting to spark a fire under the bench of the old ball team. I knew that every one of those guys would read this before plate time, thus, turning their fire towards me and proving me wrong. We won, we won handily, my partner was right on with his thoughts, and we won because of me. Thanks me.

Fifteen hits, well that one went over.
Six Runs, well that one went over.
Left on Base, well that one went over, although I dispute the number that the statistics are providing, as they state we left 19 on base. That seems high to me. But, stats never lie do they?
The Big Three: Combined 5 for 10 with a walk and a bunch of RBI.
Klesko: 3 for 3, 5 RBI, 1 walk, made the other two’s 2 for 7 look a lot better.

Klesko had himself a night with a very solid looking, well balanced baseball swing. Instead of that George of the Jungle wild, flailing hack that he has been working on perfecting lately. He hit the ball solidly and with plenty of pep. Encouraging site to see that he is working on mellowing out that axe murderer swipe he was taking. Keep it up so we can have a day ‘o’ drinking at your expense.

Finally we were able to beat those Bums, now we ought to give it a try when one of their good pitchers is on the bump. Happy Friday of baseballing gents.

No comments: