Tuesday, April 26, 2005

There's That Word Again.

What word you ask? Consistency. My favorite. We are an extremely consistent ball club right now. We consistently beat the Giants (There's your whammy people), and we are consistently beaten to death by just about everybody else. The Dodgers are also a consistent team. They are consistently my least favorite team ever, right now. Don't even start.

I have to admit, I'm not terribly surprised that the Diamondbacks are back in the thick of things here in the NL West. There is some talent on that team, and the guys who are supposed to produce (Glaus, Vazquez?) are starting to do just that. This ain't rocket science people. When your key guys produce, you tend to fair better than when they don't (channeling Madden here). I'm not pointing any fingers or anything, I'm just saying is all.

I will, however give just a little bit of credit where credit is due. And this is hard for me because what I'm about to say pretty much confirms that I was, well, wrong. Kevin Towers and Co. can go right ahead and say, "Told you so dumb ass!" Woody Williams puts up another solid performance last night, after a shaky start to the season, while a couple of thousand or so miles away our boy Boomer is busy nursing a busted foot that is likely to keep him out for at least a month. The Sox say he was going after a slow roller the other night. Must have been in the living room cause those bottles roll pretty quick across the linoleum in the kitchen.

Anyway (said the guy trying to weasel himself out of the mind numbing conversation involving financial gain through marriage), I have decided that for a little while I am putting a moratorium on the words "suck" and "rule." They just make me look stupid and/or bitter (which anyone who knows me can tell you is terribly far off-base). So, go Padres! Or don't. Whatever.

No comments: