Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Alaskan Crab Fishing is Dangerous?

It’s safe to say that there are many things that I would have rather been doing last night than watching the end result of what was a pretty good baseball game. Most of them involved either Lindsay Lohan or midgets, but one thing is clear, that was really tough to watch there at the end. We played gritty, gutty baseball. Then the Bondsless Giants did the same. So we got a bit grittier and guttier. And, so did they. Once more, there near the end, it was clear that we had to be the grittiest, guttiest baseballing crew that has ever been assembled, and the guys ponied up. And, then, so did they. Really gets to you sometimes, you know, it was just one of those painful stepping on a rusty nail kind of games. Had this been a playoff game, well, let’s just thank the hot chicks who marry for money that it wasn’t...

All in all, nothing was done particularly well, and at the same time nothing was done particularly horribly. It was just good, exciting, almost fundamentally sound baseball. Fun game to watch, as I said, until the end, at which time I began wearing out the remote buttons in between pitches out of some kind of nervous, Tourette’s like tick. I couldn’t stay static on the one channel, but then some kind of nuclear powered magnetic force would suck me right back to the game. I even missed Phil’s late inning heroics; I couldn’t stand the view, changed channels, came back and saw the results just a bit too late. Took the network about ten minutes to get me a replay and I was a bit dismayed that I missed it live. But the outcome was still the same. Tie game. And then it wasn’t.

Day game today that is curiously being shown on t.v. Why they show the day games on t.v. is beyond me as it makes about as much sense as air fresheners in an outhouse. I am starting to get to a point where I think this team needs a good old fashioned winning streak to get them playing their best baseball. It almost seems like there is this cloud, maybe more like a storm of doubt showering these guys at the plate. Give ‘em a little taste of the good stuff and watch them take off head first. Where are those hot chicks at right now? Somebody get them over to the Omni and start a huge hot chick party for the guys. Maybe get them to relax a bit, and start playing baseball dammit.

No comments: