Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Out Of Left Field, This One.

It's currently being reported that the Chargers have sent a 2nd round draft pick to Miami for WR Chris Chambers. Chambers has supposedly confirmed the trade, but not the details. While 2nd round might seem a little high, Chris Chambers is a talented receiver on a team unable to utilize him. In San Diego, he'd be a guy who's proven capable of doing the things we wish Vincent Jackson would do consistently, so all in all, I think I like this move. Maybe even love it. It does beg the question, though, is Eric Parker coming back at all now?

Update: This trade has been confirmed, and the more I think about it, the more I like it. I've already heard people comparing this to David Boston or Keenan McCardell. The Boston comparison is ludicrous. That guy had problems before and after the Chargers. McCardell would be closer to the truth, but for the fact that Chambers is about six years younger than McCardell was when we signed him. I think this move can only make us better. As far as the price, I would guess we tried our damnest to offer a 3rd rounder, but ultimately realized we'd get a 3rd for Turner when he leaves, giving us ammo to trade back up into the 2nd if need be.
Solid.

No comments: