Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Monday Night Foosball? I'm Fucking Ready!

The Broncos ended up a field goal short of winning their fourth game of the year by a field goal, and Brett Favre further secured his legacy of being the professional quarterback most likely to close his eyes and wing the ball as hard as he can without consequence because its Monday night. Anybody else out there get the feeling that Champ Bailey and Dre Bly feel like they’re pretty much too good for this shit right now? “If you’re not going to try, we’re not going to try.”

So blah, blah, Denver sucks, good deal, whatever. Not why I’m writing right now.As I’m sure you all know, since ESPN took over Monday Night Football, their claim to fame in the innovation department has been to bring in random celebrity types to awkwardly plug their latest movie, show, play, album, cooker or what have you. Last night was Vince Vaughn’s turn in the booth to promote Fred Claus.


Isn't he dreamy. Seriously, though, I like Vince Vaughn. Especially since he and his agent finally decided to stop trying to over think his career and basically go ahead and slap Trent from Swingers into random situations and pretend it’s a different movie. More importantly, though, is that I buy Vince Vaughn as a man. An actual man who might actually sit down with a few too many beers and watch a football game. Jeremy Piven or Christian Slater? Seriously fucking doubt it. But Trent, sure. So he held his own as well as anybody can in this horribly uncomfortable situation.

Kornheiser: So, Vince tell us about your new film, Fred Claus.

Vaughn: Oh, okay. Well I play the black sheep brother of Santa-

Tirico: And Selmon Young breaks it to the outside! He slips a tackle! He’s got room to run…and he’s out at the 5!!!

Kornheiser: Is it a good movie for the kids?

Vaughn: Um…yeah, kids will like it. It’s the same director as Wedding Crashers, so adults will like it too, even though it’s obviously not the same type of humor as that movie.

Other Guy: There’s a flag down, this one’s coming back.

Kornheiser: Wedding Crashers certainly wasn’t a children’s movie.

Vaughn: I kind of just said that. Seriously, I don’t want to be here with you idiots so cut me some slack, Kornheiser.

See, just uncomfortable. Anyway, at one point I believe it was Kornheiser who asked Trent whether he performed his own stunts during the backyard FOOTBALL scene in Wedding Crashers. How topical. Vince replied, and I’m paraphrasing here, but this is the gist of it:

“I know a lot of actors really enjoy and take pride in doing there own stunts, but I’m more than happy to let the stuntman take the abuse. Then I just go out there and pretend to dust myself off and go on with the scene.”

Imagine Vince Vaughn saying that in his Vince Vaughn way. Totally tongue and cheek. Chuckle funny. Well, when I woke up this morning I turned on Fox News in the morning because even though the fruity,” in your face gay”, gay guy who does human interests stories drives me up the friggin’ wall, the weather girl is more than serviceably cute enough to make me start my day with a smile. And by smile I mean boner. So while she is giving her weather update and subliminally reminding me to wait for her in the back seat of her care when she gets off, here is what the crawl on the screen below reads:

VINCE VAUGHN HATES STUNTS. WOULD RATHER SEE SOMEONE ELSE TAKE THE ABUSE.

Fucking awesome! Thank you Fox News in the Morning!

Oh, and check out this glorious gem from the wonderful folks at Kissing Suzy Kolber. Solid gold. Go Bolts!!!

No comments: