Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Why Yes, Thank You, I Am Ready...

Ready indeed... for some... Well, you can read the title of the previous post if it weren't obvious by now! Yes, I think the energy is everywhere. You can feel it- people are ready. Heck, I even like the song. I know it may not be popular around here, but I like the Hank Williams one, and I even like the Mr. Faith Hill highlight piece. Maybe it's just because I'm so exited for the season. Maybe I just like montages of recent games set to country music, with an overlay of computer enhanced audio of the hits. Maybe I just like country music. I think I should quit before I dig deeper. Anyway, the point is, sports viewing is about to get a WHOLE lot better again.

[Side note about good sports viewing: Don't forget about the U.S. Open -- yes, that is probably the first time Tennis has been mentioned in this blog, and I'm proud to be the one to bring it! Don't pile on me, Tennis rules. If you're afraid to admit it, maybe you have your own issues to deal with, pansy -- starting at the end of this month. Andre Agassi's farewell tourney, going out in style at in Flushing Meadows. Watch it! It will be good.]

Ok, sorry, back to football... The first efforts of our talented team preparing for their campaign have been well covered here. I'm very fired up at the thought that the next effort may be watched together by the authors here! At a hopefully really kick ass party! Yeah! Ok, actually seeing the game on TV (I think there will be 5 or 6 available) will rely on that dreaded blackout situation again (we know how I feel about that), but hey if it does sell out... I think that getting together with lots of friends on a weekend and watching football together and toasting good plays will kick this fever up another notch. Cheers, and GO CHARGERS!

3 comments:

Maximum Colossus said...

Good call on the U.S. Open mention. If so many Americans tuned in for World Cup Soccer, I should think quite few should check out the great Andre Agassi's swan song. In my opinion, his career has be far more exciting, and a much better representation of America than anything we've put on the soccer field. Personally, though, I'll probably tune in more to watch Maria Sharapova (A.K.A. Anna Kournikova II) bounce around in a little tiny skirt for hours at a time. But that's just me.

CJ said...

Well, the Sharapova part is me too. Margaritas and Ruskie ass complete my Saturday. Bolt football makes it that much awesomer...

Maximum Colossus said...

Neither Agassi or Serena Williams is even ranked in the open. That could make it a tough road for those two. How the mighty have fallen.