Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Back Up, Schmack Up.

What can I say? I still haven't actually seen any footage from Saturday night's game, but three fumbles is three fumbles and there isn't too much you can say about that. I can only sing the praises of Michael Turner and that other back-up guy for so long, because as much as you want to believe that Turner going to get his share of the load in the regular season, I doubt it. Schottenheimer hasn't gotten the reputation he has in this league by going away from what works most of the time, and that's our boy LTD. So, unless Turner does, in fact, return kicks, don't expect him to do much more than clean up or spell for Tomlinson.

I hate to say that I'm actually beginning to worry about Rivers a bit, but as good as the Seahawks appear to be, that is no Bears defense out there. I still think he'll be fine, but you have to wonder about the wisdom of the team letting go of A.J. Feeley today. Feeley is no great talent, but he has played and won in the league, and without him you're looking at Whitehurst as your only back up. Obviously, they have something else in mind, but who? Kerry Collins? Dear Lord. Drew Henson? Vinny Testeverde? I'm scared.

Donnie Edwards may actually practice with the team. What that means, no one knows, but if he does end up playing for us this year, how in the world does he keep his head in the game.

Lekkerkerker is our left tackle right now. Wrap your brain around that one.

Thirteen more days til our openner. Is that unlucky? Awe hell, I don't care. Bring on the season already! Go Bolts!!!

Update: I guess Kerry Collins was signed by the Titans or somebody while I wasn't paying attention, so I'm going to replace that suggestion with Quincy Carter. Unless he's in jail or still serving some sort of suspension. Is he? If so, I'm going to have to go with Billy Joe Tolliver or Erik Kramer.

Update #2: Ooh! Ooh! What's Neil O'Donnell doing these days?

7 comments:

CJ said...

I hear that the Babe Laufenburg is doing hurricane relief work in the Southeast, or wait, is that Danny Wuerffel. Is Kyle Orton to drunk to be our third string? The Raiders stole the Jeff George from us yesterday.... Aaron Brooks with Jeff George coming off the bench... Things just get better and better up in Shittown....

Unknown said...

You have to hand it to Rivers though, down 14-0 in the first four minutes of the game and then the Chargers went on to score 17 unanswered points. Rivers didn't look rattled at all. A couple of sweet passes down field. Although one was dropped due to pass interference.

Maximum Colossus said...

I don't have to hand dick to Rivers. He must pluck the respect from my palm.

CJ said...

Who cares about Rivers? Didn't you see that Biel chick below? Fumble away kid, it's the preseason. Just don't take away the Biel!!

Unknown said...

In other words, the only way Rivers is going to get Dick is if he plucks it from your palm?

Maximum Colossus said...

Wow. You got me. I'm totally gay for Philip Rivers. I want him to touch the penis in my hand. Is it my penis? Is it his? Does it belong to someone else entirely? That's for me to know and Philip Rivers to find out.

Unknown said...

They don't call it pigskin for nothing