Monday, November 28, 2005

Thoughts. Some New, Some...

This has been constructed in a few parts so forgive me if there is any information that may already have been beaten to death T.O. style by the time you take three minutes out of your busy work day to waste some time. Kick your feet up and wish you had a laptop so you could enjoy this in the crapper…

Sunday was the day of the defense. Our usual run stoppers were out there doing what they do, and doing it well, whilst the secondary was having a respectable day against a, against a, uh, mediocre passing game? Yeah, mediocre works there. Santana Moss had yet another good one, causing Herm Edwards and Jets management to reach for the Zantac again. On to the other side of the ball where, as previously mentioned by Mr. Colossus, numero twenty one did what he does when allowed to do so. And this was against the “…most offensive nickname in sports.” (Canepa, 11/22) Can we get over this yet??? Still with the nicknames? Sorry, useless tangent. The 'Skins defense looks like some of The Lord Trilogy Orcs in jerseys. Every guy out there was an absolute monster, and they all do their best to bring the pain. Sean Taylor, Lavar, all the guys in those wonderfully ‘70’s colored maroon and gold unis are just pure beasts. All Kid 21 did was go for 184 on the ground with a measly 29 in the air, and an 18 pack… be sure to read previous post titled, “Mysterio is our Secondary Coach” for some more elaborate thought on this. But I will say that he is a favorite, and if anything happens to him, well, let’s not…

We escaped a bit with this win. I wasn’t entirely convinced we played well, but the O’line battled all day, won some and lost some. Looked like the quarterback was a bit rattled, and it showed in his numbers 22-44 215, 3 really bad ones. But he did his fair share of running from the Orcs, and he did some good too. My only problem is the 44 tries, but they gave it a go, tried something different, er well, by that I mean throwing it, but I also mean they threw it at rookie Carlos Rodgers probably 43 times, and he did just fine. I guess this was another attempt at killing Marty’s legacy. Whatever guys, wait until the game REALLY means something, the tears won’t mix with the vomit well, and I will be sitting with my middle finger up at all these jokers…

“Marty Schottenheimer. He's killed Martyball. Many so-called witnesses don't believe it, but it's true, and at least he's brought sanity, professionalism and winning to the Chargers.” (Canepa, 11/24)

I guess I am a so-called witness, and I agree it’s true that there is winning and professionalism here now. That’s good. Sanity, that’s never been here (see: San Diego City Council). That first sentence I promise will be proven wrong. I promise. I’ll bet on it, I will challenge Nick himself to a bet on it for any stakes. Somebody send this to the UT for me… “Oh Porterhouse, look at the wax build up on these shoes I want that wax stripped off there, then I want them creamed and buffed wih a fine chamois, and I want them now. Chop chop.”

Next on the list is Mr. Salisbury. Now I am getting tired of picking on Sean, but tonight he awarded the best coaching performance to Coach S, for giving the ball to Kid 21 yesterday. Let me get this straight as I am not always very smart, but giving the ball to the best player in the NFL, the one Coach S says is the best ever, makes you a great coach? Graded against that criteria, I’d be the best coach ever, cause Kid 21 gets the ball every single freakin’ time in my offense. Run, catch passes, climb tall buildings and knife the kids throwing pennies from up there, he’s our guy. I know I am picking on Sean, but that guy ruined more than a few football games wearing our jersey some time ago. Yeah, I am vengeful. I’m the guy that glued somebody to a toilet seat, so what?

I have some more, but that will have to wait until tomorrow. That one guy is about to change the words to that stupid song again…*($&)&*$_#%$G SONG!!!!

No comments: