Friday, May 20, 2005

You're Half Right.

I couldn't agree with you more on Congress. Last time I checked, this great country of ours was founded with the seperation of Sports and State in mind. Unfortunately (Devil's advocate, here), baseball has shown an uncanny ability to solve nothing on their own over the years. Too bad. Headache after headache after headache.

But Barry Bonds will eventually hobble his way out to the plate, I.V. or no I.V., and get his damn home run record, asterisk and all. Whether it be while occupying a reclining chair in right field at Frisco, or somewhere in the AL, he's gone too far, cheated too much, and put up with way too much scrutiny to throw it in now.

On to other things...

Thank goodness that annoying Mary Kay chick Tana didn't win the Apprentice. That woman's a psycho. By the way, it never ceases to amaze me when these contestants are constantly cutting the Donald off mid sentence. I don't know if you want to mess with that kind of ego.

Season finale of ER...meh. A lot less emotionally gripping than I'd expected. Carter's exit was almost like a sidebar. I liked the idea of him setting up the new recruits, except that these people have been on the show so long that it didn't really resonnate. Linda Cardellini's kid is just plain annoying (kids always ruin drama). Come to think of it, as much as I have a mad crush on her, Cardellini's entire storyline kind of blows. Luca has gone from being calm, cool and reserved to being over-the-top bland (Although I must admit the short speech he gave at Carter's farewell was probably the best "moment" of the episode. All in all, I give this one a thumb sideways. Probably should have had a helicopter crash into that deck. That's always good television.

On to annoying things...

My pitching is hurt, and I have way too many 1st basemen. My grip on second is tennuous at best. Maximum Colossus Extreme needs to step it up or this fantasy baseball season could slip away. But they are playing really good at home.

On to the most important things...

Tonight our Padres begin a road series against the hated Seattle Mariners. With the extraordinary Jake Peavy on the mound, coupled with the fact that we are facing our most hated of American League rivals, I think it's safe to say that the mighty Friars should pick up on this road trip, right where they left off on the home stand. Unbridled enthusiasm is the new cat tranquilizer. Go Padres!!!!!

No comments: