Friday, May 06, 2005

What A Soldier.

Truth be told, I could give a flying turd about Winslow Sr.'s take on anything. Don't get me wrong, I will always fondly remember No. 80 for the heart and gusto with which he approached being a Bolt, but that was a long time ago. In the years since then he first pulled a disappearing act, and followed that by saying that his years of playing professional football meant nothing to him. He said it was a game, and not even a special time in his life. Then, as soon as Jr. starts to make it big in college, the tune changes. He's in broadcasting and football is once again an intrinsic part of his life. I understand that he has to support his son, who is after all, "The Chosen One," but I, as a pretty damn live and die with the Chargers fan, took his prior comments as an insult to all of us who loved him all those years. So he can go around acting like he never said those things, but I will not forget. Between those comments from Sr., and Jr.'s self proclaimed nicknames and far fetched military analogies, maybe Karma (if their is such a thing) takes the form of a parking lot curb from time to time.

No comments: