Friday, May 06, 2005

I Was All Ready To Get Bombed Last Night.

Then one of my friends pointed out ot me that, although I am a lot of things, Mexican is not one of them. So, instead I mixed me up a little Admiral Nelson (I'm pretty sure he's the guy who finally brought Captain Morgan to justice) and Coke and set about watching what I was sure would be another typical Padres foray into St. Louis. Ugly, ugly, and more ugly. How delightful it was to be utterly mistaken for the first time in my life.

Now I'm not going to get all excited, and start with the, "Oh yeah, Giles is completely back to form and will never slump again!," like the announcers. and I'm certainly not going to get all, "Finally, the Padres are ready to assert themselves as the obvious dominant presense in the NL West!" The time for that particular sentence has not only passed, but is yet to come, if at all (Do they give achievement awards for sentences that even the writer can't understand?).

What I will do, however, is give a little credit to a guy who has gotten almost none thus far this year. While I admit that I unleashed my own string of F-bombs after Sean Burroughs became the second Padres baserunner to get picked off by the freaking catcher last night, I have to tip my hat to the man for going right back out there and putting on a clinic on how to field the position of 3rd base. Here's a literary pat on the back for you, Burroughs. You earned it big time last night.

So, good game Friars! Now let's go out there and win a couple more of these big league contests so me and the boys can get all excited and annoyingly myopic again!

P.S. Off topic a bit, here, but Shaun Merriman and the Poston brothers can go eat a chode.

P.P.S. Oh, and I almost forgot! Even though not a single one of my starting pitchers has been able to register a win this week, I have managed to take control of first place in my fantasy baseball league, mostly due to some fancy batwork by the likes of guys such as Miguel Cabrera and Alfonso Soriano! Way to go not real team!

No comments: