Tuesday, September 23, 2008

A Most Funnest Monday Nighter.

Ted Cotrell claimed he made no defensive changes because he is obviously some sort of compulsive liar. Even his players admitted they ran more blitzes, not that they had to admit that since I watched the game with working eyeballs.

Check out Canepa's surprisingly critical take on the game. I have to admit that I haven't seen our special teams pull that kind of special suck in quite some time, but the defense is still getting a lot of heat today. Yeah, 29 points is a lot but about half of those belong to Rivers' first pass and a 94 yard Kick return. And as much as I hate prevent, when you up three scores in the fourth I don't mind terribly giving up the underneath. It takes forever to score like that and those guys couldn't stop us all night without on onside kick, so let's cut the D some slack.

As for Tomlinson being out there injured late in the game, I hate to say it, but it sure seems as though he's less injured when he's happy and we're winning. Still, if that's what it takes to jumpstart him, I'll start dusting off the TBE label and get it ready to go for next week in Oakland.

Solid showing in a game we should have won by about that much. Go Bolts!!!

No comments: