Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Confucius Say...

Man, one can never pick a better time to be abducted by aliens. Seeing as how those skinny little creatures caught and tormented me for three days and forced me to endure all things Patriot at the hands of one of the Sharpe brothers, I was unable to put forth my prologue to what will be to date the best victory of the season.

I could rehash all of my thoughts pertaining to the big day, how we would overcome what has been the most dominating force in professional football for three of the last four years. How their injuries were finally catching up to them and how our secondary, if challenged, would actually rise to the occasion instead of folding like a Manning in a big game, we could in fact hand the Pats their first loss on the home front in something like 946 attempts. But, thanks to those aliens, I wasn’t able to put those thoughts down on paper and what do I have to show for it? Not a thing, except for the feeling of satisfaction and relief that came along with a win like that, and the warm happy feeling that knowing I knew it was possible and I wasn’t able to tell anyone. Much like the Bolts slow start, perhaps I may now know of what I speak.

Quite honestly this was one of the best team performances that I have seen from this group and that includes all of the magic that was ’04. Ladanian was setting the tone early and the passing attack was clicking, including everyone on the team with a set of hands. Our able quarterback had another outstanding day in terms of accuracy, specifically targeting the guys with lightning on their shirts and delivering strikes all but for five times the entire day. To put it in baseball terms, Drew has thrown 8 balls the last two weeks. Not bad. There is really no way to highlight the offensive performance any further, as Ladanian solidified his position as leader, no one wanted to be left out of the barrage, and truly no one was. This was one of the most balanced, powerful days of offense I have seen. There is just one thing that scares me about the way we played on Sunday...

I think we can improve on it...

Call me crazy, but right now, no one in the last two weeks has been able to even hang with us. It’s not that we have opened up the offense or are running complicated formations and schemes. We just have some serious weaponry right now that the foes just can’t contain. From Ladanian, to Antonio, to Keenan, to Eric and Reche, no one is able to cover all of those options for the quarterback. His vision right now is exceptional, he is seeing the field well, and he has all of the aforementioned personnel to thank for that. Balance. I haven’t seen this kind of balance on our offense since... well, since ever. Maybe those Fouts teams had some of this, but they never had the running game to compliment it, and well, I was too damn young to remember whether or not they were this good. So I will just leave it at this... I can’t remember seeing this much balance on the “O”, and it shows to the tune of a 45 and a 41 spot the past two weeks.

So come this Monday night we bring the fight to the members of the Steel City. Time to get to work boys…arms up.

No comments: