Monday, January 30, 2006

Report From Camp Brees...

It appears that in the most recent update available to me that our quarterback is in fact very optimistic about his recovery from his torn labrum procedure. It appears that he is ever anxious to get back to throwing a football and is “3 weeks” ahead of schedule. This is enough info to try to leverage the team back to the bargaining table for that ‘long term’ deal that Drew is seeking. Drew also mentioned that he is anxious to get back out onto the golf course. I’d say that in the legal community, their may be many who would be willing to take his civil case against Marty Schottenheimer for potentially ending his career.

Citing things like wanting to be a Charger for life and accomplishing the goals that he and Tomlinson have set for the team from day one dominated his little talk. Apparently they came to some sort of blood brother pact early on in their careers and neither will be satisfied until the Lombardi Iron is hoisted above a bolt helmet. I for one would like to see this more than most, preferably before I am hooked to a machine that feeds me and or keeps me from soiling myself in the public eye.

According to the report, Drew is only in a sling at night, or when he is having difficulty moving his shoulder in any way, shape or form that may resemble a football move. I hope that the optimism coming from Camp Brees is in fact contagious and well, true. I can only hope. I just hope that they used the extra strength super glue and duct tape when they repaired his shoulder so that he can withstand a hit from someone Phil Mickelson’s size on the football field. Who am I kidding? Phil could give Warren Sapp a run for his money in a scale breaking contest right now. Break out the truck scales and let’s get to the bottom of this. There may not be too many NFL’ers with Phil Nippleson’s girth right now. Sorry to harp on Phil in such a way, but man, the guy is even uh, ‘larger’ in person right now then on t.v., and they say that the cameras add some poundage. They must be filming him with about 12 lenses right now.

Expect more of the same from Camp Brees until the deal is signed. I am not holding my breath in the meantime.

Oh, and the big game this week? Frankly, I still can’t see Seattle winning this game. I expect most of them to take a detour out to four corners to sell the only remaining sunny day in Seattle and their souls to the devil himself for the Forty Ounce Championship. Steelers -4 looks good to me…

No comments: