Wednesday, January 11, 2006

In for the Long Haul???

Well, tonight it is reported that the Chargers and Drew Brees are talking a 'long' term contract. Not that Mr. Brees could lift the pen right now to sign on the 'x' if A.J. and the boys put a contract out there on the table. Maybe that's their game, put out the long term deal worth bazillions of dollars and have a good laugh when he can't pic up the scribbling utensil. Cold guys. Just cold.

I have to say I was a bit shocked to hear this. I didn't think that the Chargers would pony up a barrel full of ducats for a one armed quarterback at the moment. I figured a franchise tag and an invitation to camp to see that he didn' t do his best Dave Dravecky imitation. So I guess the next natural thing is a long term deal. Is this a gesture of good faith? Or is it the real deal? I have no idea at this point. I guess we just wait and see.

And negative points go to the Union Tribune, and the signonsandiego.com website for not reporting that Drew's doc is in the hospital. You'd think that this would be important enough to talk about. This paper does more and more each day to improve their credibility. I love that paper. I wish I could pay for a subscription.

No comments: