Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Thanks For Stickin' Around, Big Guy.


So, I suppose some of you expected me to jump all over the news that Kris Dielman re-signed with the Chargers over the weekend. I suppose you're probably thinking it took me so long to get around to mentioning it because I was drafting some epic poem of apology to AJ Smith for doubting his negotiating acumen. Well, I wasn't. I was not feeling up to typing as even the tips of my fingers were hurting the last couple o' days. But now I'm ready.

Nice Homer, AJ!

I can't begin to tell you how thrilled I am that Dielman is returning. One of the most important things a football team can do to sustain greatness is to retain exceptional talent on the lines. That being said, it was pretty apparent that Smith was ready to let Dielman walk. There's no way in the world he could have expected Dielman to leave $10 million dollars on the table in Seattle and stay in San Diego just because he has built some solid friendships. I've only seen one other athlete take the "San Diego discount." His name was Tony Gwynn. Maybe you've heard of him. He never made as much as Dielman's going to get. Still, it's nice to see that kind of attitude in a professional athlete again. Just don't any of you geniuses out there give BA GM AJ much credit for this. He probably had Kyle Turley on the phone when he got the news. Go Kris Dielman!!! Go Bolts!!!

Now, go get this guy:



And bring me back this girl:

No comments: