Thursday, September 22, 2005

72 Hours and Counting

All right so what do we know. Well, we know that the Bolt Gods were more than a little mildly upset this past Monday night and were looking to make restitution in a clear message sending light show that began shortly after midnight. It was obvious to me that the Lords of Lightning were rather embarrassed to have their likenesses degraded by the performance of the Bolt wearers on the field. Clearly this was a sign that we had better get our stuff together and represent ourselves on the field in the true image of what that Bolt symbolizes.

I am not in a position to make words flow together in a functional way that would adequately portray my feelings about Sunday. All that I can say at this point is this is not a team that I recognize from the recent past. This is a team that resembles some of those others that did some major damage on the field, mostly to my psyche. This team is starting to remind me of a team that not too many people want to remember. So, at this point we will move on.
Now as bleak as things are looking at this very moment consider a few thoughts that I have been tossing around for the last few days. It’s not how we are playing that really needs to be measured right now, because there is another factor that is in play here that dictates how good we really are one eighth into the ’05 season. And it goes a little like this:

-The Cowgirls beat us, the Skins beat the Cowgirls, so the Skins are better than us.

-The Dolphins beat the Ponies, the Ponies beat us, so the Dolphins are better than us.

-So, when we beat the Giants, who beat the Saints, who beat Carolina, who beat the Patriots, who beat the Raiders, it is logical that we are better than the Giants, Saints, Panthers, Patriots and of course the Raiders.

I’d say that puts this season in a much better perspective than the 0-2 record would indicate. I feel much better.

Opening lines for this Sunday’s contest with the Midgets and Little Manning were a reflection of the bad drinking and substance abuse problems of professional gamblers. Bolts giving six and a magical hook to the aforementioned New York Blue. I like the Bolts, hopefully that lightning storm shocked their system a bit. But, that line seems awfully ambitious to me. I think Kicking Nate is going to play a very prominent role in this one, as we turn this season around this Sunday night. ESPN will have the call and will tell me about the magic of the game all the night long.

And now that none of my predictions for the season have been realized we can all agree I am more full of feces than one of America’s favorite cities.

No comments: