Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Reaky? O-K!

Imagine my surprise in the fourth quarter of a game I didn't think I cared about when the realization struck me that I totally care a whole stinking bunch. Imagine my excitement when the Foxboro empire came crumbling down and went from the precipice of being the best team ever to the team that had old school Peyton Manning type meltdowns in the postseason in back-to-back years. Now, imagine some of the media stories that came after the fact which were no surprise at all.

1) Suddenly Tom Brady's little bootie was obviously a much bigger deal than we were all led to believe. In fact, some sports jerks went so far as to say that they had heard prior to the game from a reliable yet super secret inside source that the entire New England organization was completely hysterical over the possibility that Brady's foot could detach from the rest of his glorious body at any moment.

2) Eli Manning is one of the best QBs in the league. Seriously. Was there any doubt whatsoever? Sure, his regular season numbers were blah at best, but those only mattered when everybody was bitching about them back then when they were happening. Not now that he's a superstar. I really don't have anything against Eli Manning these days and he made some seriously gutsy plays last Sunday, but I'm certainly not happy about the media and the league cramming another Manning down my throat, as evidenced by a second straight Manning Super Bowl MVP award, neither of which were really all that deserved (of course, you could at least make a case for Eli, while Peyton wasn't even the best offensive player on his Super Bowl team).

3) Even though nearly every talking sports head in the world was duped into Pats by a landslide, they have all spent the last two days explaining to everyone why they were so stupid as to not see this coming. Eh, fuck it, I won money, and now CJ will never know for certain whether I would have welched on my bet. Fucking cocksucker, that one.

In closing, I'm already starting to see that we will be inundated with the vaGiants "beginning of a dynasty" bullshit and more fuel for the Boston-New York rivalry bofire, but I must remind those of you who are starting to regret rooting for the uppety little shitstains from the Big Brown Apple that if the Patriots had won that game we'd be hearing about their perfect season til the day we die (and perhaps beyond if you're not a heathen), whereas we'll only have to hear about the vaGiants for around ten months which is about when they'll be eliminated from making next year's postseason. Go Bolts!!!

No comments: