Tuesday, January 04, 2005

All I Wanted for Christmas was a Playoff Game...

After what was an unbelievable weekend as described by me (soon), we are officially off to the playoffs, well, they are coming to us in the form of the New York Jets. Who, by all accounts made their final push to playoff paradise with the transmission firmly planted in reverse. According to Herm Edwards, losing to the Rams and benefiting from the inevitable Drew Bledsoe choke fest that granted the J-E-T-S their golden ticket, is not synonymous with “backing in”. Good one Herm. Way to motivate the boys and keep them positive.

Regardless of how the Jets got themselves into the playoffs is a little matter of the match up at hand. Our Bolts in a revenge fest from the infant stages of the ’04 season. Let it be known that we lost said game, and according to some it wasn’t as close as the lopsided score would have indicated. To them I say, they will be facing a much different Bolts squad this time through, hopefully they haven’t realized that little fact. Besides, anyone that has watched recently (I have) knows that that Pennington character cannot possibly have a healthy shoulder because he is launching some of the most beautiful incompletions that I have ever seen. Chad would be thrilled to have Mike Vick’s accuracy right now.

Looks like they might get John Abraham back for this one. Which is bad for us. I have watched that guy prior to his injury and he is a bad man. Were I ever to become a Jets fan, that guy would be the player whose jersey I wore. But, I think he is on par with Dwight Freeeney and you all saw what we did to him. Next…

Hopefully we get Mr. McCardell back prior to Saturday night’s 6p.m. (Yes, 6) kickoff time. Looks like that “ankle problem” was a bit painful for him. Hopefully he is operating close to a hundred percent to take some of the pressure off of Skip. The offense didn’t seem quite as potent without him around…

In Cabo San Lucas the games start at 6. Such is my luck. The first time in about 84 years that the Bolts get a home playoff game, and I am going to be stuck in such an awful place like Cabo, where I heard the weather yesterday was 83 degrees. Farenheit. Oh well, I will just have to force myself to enjoy a swim up bar on the beach that has televisions and watch the green lantern go out with eight of my friends. How will I ever enjoy that?

Seeing as how the last couple of weeks contained a loss and a game that was academic, the victory shots have been on hiatus. I think that this week might be a good time for them to come back into the rotation full time…

More later…

No comments: