Friday, November 19, 2004

Quick Hits for Happy Friday...

So the creativity bones are a creakin’ with this being Raider week and all. At the beginning of the season I had this one marked, you know, Raider Week? This was one of those “games we might win” at the start, now it is much more significant than that. It is the beginning of three in a row in the division at a time when the Bolts cannot afford a let down if they really are serious about this playoff tease thing they are trying to pull off. I only wish that the Raiders were a bit more stable as an organization and might make a game of this thing instead of rolling over like a bulldog ready to go to work on his own junk. That being said, how can we not just destroy this ailing football team? I have been looking for reasons and signals that might indicate we could be in trouble in this one. I have come up with none. We should dismantle this group of quitters and head into turkey day still tied for that top spot in the division. Go Saints, pummel the Denvers soundly.

Some of the Quick Hits from around the league since the Bolts are in control:

1) Simply Prop Bet #1: Over/Under Bolts points, let’s say a nice round 38. I want feedback on this one. Otherwise, I got the over.

2) Watching the Baby Manning run for his life this weekend against the Falcs. Boy, can I not wait for this one. I can’t wait to see the inauguration of the little brother at the hands of that defense. I hope he actually breaks down and cries on the field. “My daddy doesn’t want me to play for those losers in San Diego. Wah, Wah, Wah!” I would pay up to $500 to be at that game. Good Luck Eli!!!

3) Big time Cincy fans this weekend. Time to halt the Roethlisberger train. I want to see Chad Johnson’s gold teeth in the end zone all day long.

4) Prop Bet #2: Over/ Under on The Antonio’s number of first downs this weekend. The line is 5. I will let my cohort make his choice here. Just hold the hat up high…

5) Must See Game: Saints v. Ponies. All I know is that we are big Saints fans and there is rumor that Joe Horn isn’t 100%. I got a message for you Joe, “Get in the game!!” I want to see more cell phone celebrations. I want to see at least three celebrations from you that warrant fines. I will chip in to pay them if you get in three times. This I promise…

6) Most likely to have a big Bolt game: Ladainian. It’s time to test your groin. Take some pressure off the Skipper for another week. Let’s go tailbacks.

That’s all for now. My prediction is Bolts 38, Effeminate Pirates 21, you know, home field and all. My second prediction is that there will be victory shots at 4:17 p. m. Lastly, can anyone remember what winning feels like? This all feels so very new to me… I think I am still in shock…

No comments: